Monday, October 26, 2009

Recipies for the Pampered Chef Deep Dish Pie Plate


-As promised to one of my most kind and valued Pampered Chef customers.....my baby's favorite Bill, .....here is my favorite pie crust recipe. -



NEVER FAIL PIE CRUST
1/2 tsp. salt

2 1/2 c. flour

1/2 c. liquid
(liquid consists of 1 Tblsp. vinegar*, add enough cold water to measure 1/2 c.)

1 c. lard or Crisco

Measure flour and salt into mixing bowl. Cut lard in with your pastry cutter. Then add the liquid. It should pull together into a ball when it is mixed thoroughly. Roll out and bake as directed with pie filling directions. If you need a pre-baked shell bake it at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes. Keep a close eye on it and don't forget to pierce the bottom and sides of the crust.

Notes: Be sure to press it securely to your pie dish or it will shrink. If you double this recipe it will make 3 double crusts and one single.

* I prefer to use apple cider vinegar



-I can't give a recipe for pie crust and not put in a filling. This is my all-time favorite. My mom has made this pie for years!!! I have no clue where she got it, but it is a keeper. -


TEXAS PECAN PIE
3 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. sugar 1/4 c. melted butter (the Pampered Chef Micro Cooker works beautifully for this)

1 c. light corn syrup

1/8 tsp. salt 1 c. pecans

1 unbaked pie crust


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk eggs in the Classic Batter Bowl with the Stainless Whisk. Whisk in the sugar, corn syrup, salt and vanilla. Pour in the melted butter and mix well. Place the pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the pecans. The pecans will rise to the top as it bakes.....(pretty amazing!).

Place the Pie Crust Shield on the pie (or make your own contraption out of tinfoil to cover your crust). Cover crust for only the first 15-20 minutes of baking time. Bake your pie at 350 degrees for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until the center of the pie shakes only slightly when moved.


-Now since I've started and I just can't stop here's my favorite Chocolate Cream Pie -


FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE

1 Pre-baked pie shell

Cream Cheese Mixture:
8 oz. cream cheese 1 c. Frozen Topping
1 c. powdered sugar

In the Classic Batter Bowl combine cream cheese mixture ingredients and spread over cooled pie shell.

Chocolate Mixture:
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (most of the time I use a while chocolate)
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
3 c. cold milk

Beat mixture until smooth; pour over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining frozen topping.
I love to dab the frozen topping with my scraper to make peaks in the topping. For the final touch I make chocolate curls with the serrated peeler or vegetable peeler.

If you are a baker or are interested in pie making you definitely want to take a peek at my Pampered Chef products highlighted in red. At my website. Check out the side bar on your right to get the info to shop online or to contact me.

-One last savory pie recipe..... -


MEAT PIE

1-2 c. meat (I like to use my left over roast beef, chicken or turkey. You could throw in sausage, ham, game....the sky is the limit here. Just be sure it is cooked through.)

2-3 c. veggies (This is a great meal to use your leftover veggies. You save loads of money by using up those random things in the refrigerator. Some of my personal favorites are steamed-cubed potatoes, steamed carrots, celery and onions that I saute quickly to soften, peas and corn-you can throw them in still frozen, mushroom, broccoli, green beans, and cauliflower are all good.)

1-2 c. of gravy (I use my leftovers or quickly mix up some from scratch....don't be intimidated if you are not accustomed to doing that because you can always use a mix from a packet or buy a bottle or can of gravy.

Meat Pie Crust:

1/2 c. shortening
2-2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. baking powder
approximately 1/4 c. milk

Whisk the salt and baking powder into your flour. Next, using a Pastry Blender cut the shortening into the flour mixture. With a Bamboo Spoon or Bamboo Spatula stir in the milk. (You may need more) Use enough milk to make a formable dough.

Combine the meat, veggies and gravy in the bottom of your Deep Dish Pie Plate. Roll out the crust dough and top your pie. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 min. or until your crust brows nicely. You may choose to glaze your meat pie with an egg. Brush it onto the crust with the Chef's Silicone Basting Brush.


Helpful Pampered Chef Items for these recipes:

#1332 Deep Dish Pie Plate
#2230 Classic Batter Bowl
#1650 Classic Scraper
#1657 Mix N; Scraper
#2475 Stainless Whisk
#1072 Serrated Peeler
#1071 Vegetable Peeler
#1674 Bamboo Spoon Set
#2042 Bamboo Spatula Set
#1683 Pastry Blender
#1715 Pie Crust Shield
#1485 Baker's Roller
#1684 Pastry Cutter
#1718 Pastry Mat
#1755 Chef's Silicone Basting Brush
#2776 Small Micro-Cooker
#2779 Rice Cooker Plus (to steam your meat pie veggies)

To order any of these or any other Pampered Chef products please visit my website or contact me. My information is listed in the mid-section of the column on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment