Thursday, October 29, 2009

Green Onion $$$$ Saving Tip

I love the Food Network! (I know that's hard to believe....LOL!) I especially love the newest Food Network Star, Melissa d'Arabian. She has amazing tips. I would like to share one of her tips with you that I have personally tried and LOVE!

When you use green onions in a recipe be sure to use the top (green part). That is the correct end to use in your cooking. Now.....it get's even better. Store the bulb end in water like you would fresh herbs. IT WILL REGROW IT'S TOP! Simply amazing and true.

I realize, that often times, when you store things like green onions in the upper part of your refrigerator that they get too chilled. Therefore, they are ruined. Well, I have the answer for you! Pampered Chef have an amazing little container, specially designed to keep herbs in such conditions. Not to mention the top doubles as a mincing cup to snip, measure and store fresh herbs for more flavor and less waste. This prized little contraption is called.....the Herb Keeper.....you never would have guessed! ;).

I can't mention the Herb Keeper with out it's favorite side-kick, the Professional Shears. They are a magnificent pair! The Professional Shears have both a tough and tender side. They delicately snip your favorite herbs, but they don't shirk when there is a tough duty at hand. They roll up their sleeves and slash right through a chicken carcass or tin can if you prefer!

Now I can sleep knowing that I have introduced you to an amazing culinary duo.

#1787 Herb Keeper
#1088 Professional Shears

If you are interested in any of the products listed above, or any other Pampered Chef products, please visit my website or contact me. My information is listed in the mid-section of the column on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment