Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Be of good cheer.....the Lord's hand is in my life

"Be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you; And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the kingdom are yours. Gird up your loins and be watchful and be sober, looking forth for the coming of the Son of Man, for he cometh in an hour you think not. Pray always that you enter not into temptation, that you may abide the day of his coming, whether in life or in death. Even so, Amen."
D&C 61:36-39

This is the inspirational thought that I started my day with. I am so blessed.

I recognized the hand of the Lord in my life as I was running in between errands. My daughter forgot her lunch today....and she was out of lunch money. Does that sound like a little blessing? I'm testifying that the Lord works in mysterious ways.

On my way into the school (with lunch and lunch money) I ran into another mom bringing her boys to school. They had just been to the health center to get their H1N1 vaccination, that they had waited two and a half hours to receive. Quite luckily (rather, blessed) she told me that there were more available....SO instead of depositing lunch I withdrew a child. I continued on to the health center where all my children were vaccinated within 20 minutes. Voila! Those of you who have waited in line for hours for this same coveted vaccination realize that YES in fact the Lord's hand was in my life today......"be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst...."

No comments:

Post a Comment