Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blessed with Commandments???

In my scripture reading this morning I came across a scripture that fascinated me. I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants section 59. Instructions are being given to the saints about building Zion. The Lord is telling how the saints will be blessed if they "come up unto this land with an eye single to my glory."

So we are looking at how people will be blessed when they go forth with the Lord's purposes. In verse 4 it reads, "And they shall also be crowned with blessings from above, yea, and with commandments not a few......(blessed with commandments! That is the part that reached out and smacked me) and with revelations in their time--- that they are faithful and diligent before me."

What an interesting concept,....to be blessed with commandments (none the less,"not a few"). As I pondered this it began to make more and more sense. We know that the Lord gives an amazing gift with each commandment that he gives. He couples it with a blessing that far outweighs the "burden" of keeping the commandment. So we can change our views of commandments if we only look to the final result of keeping them. It is the ultimate incentives program!

In my Pampered Chef business I have been on the receiving end of some great incentives. I have had great success in a short period of time. I have been rewarded gobs of free product value because I have met certain criteria. I think we can look at the gospel that way. If I meet the Lord's criteria on a commandment level.....just imagine the blessings that I will be eligible for. And at that point the incentives begin again....the whole "not a few" part comes into play. We can compare this to any other incentive program and know that the more that is required the greater the incentives value will be. Great info to remember is that God is just. He will not rob us of our labors. I love this whole concept. I'm excited to apply it to my life on a greater level. Join me and we'll build Zion together.

No comments:

Post a Comment