Thursday, October 29, 2009

Inspiration from the Little Red Hen

As I rocked out to "The Little Red Hen" yesterday on my way home from my Walmart, diaper- run, I thought to myself, "Isn't it a shame that we don't all listen too AND take to heart great music like this." You can laugh...(I did). BUT, I was impressed with the lyrics. I feel confident that you know the story of the Little Red Hen. With the story in mind you can tell where the lyrics of this song are coming from.....

"And the (pig, duck, cat) said, 'Not right now. I can't be bothered
Not right now. It's not my concern.
Not right now. I'm just too busy.
Not right now, it's not my turn.'"

The song's end teaches the moral....."When someone needs help, then it's your turn."

Too bad that so many of us haven't truly learned and implemented the moral of this little story into our daily lives. When we see a need, it is sad how often we think "I can't be bothered", It's not my concern", "I just too busy", "It's not my turn", "or simply "not right now." I challenge you to make a difference. Remember, when someone needs help, then it's your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment