Monday, November 2, 2009

Tough Love

Tough love is an interesting concept. I've come to the conclusion that it is likely the most effective kind of love.....you know, it inspires the most growth. If done correctly it is a very productive tool.

It brings to mind the whole "mercy can't rob justice" rule. Justice must be served. Fortunately mercy cannot over-rule justice....therefore we must practice tough love. I'm so glad that our Father in Heaven practices tough love. If he didn't, eternal rewards would be void. We would never feel true joy. It is a good thing to feel accomplished, to feel that one's self has risen above previous downfalls and shortcomings.

The key, is perfecting the application of this "tough love". I pray that I can do just that and be a help and not a hindrance to the growth to those that I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment