Monday, November 16, 2009

English Scone Recipe

Here is a highly requested recipe from my Pampered Chef booth at this-past weekend's boutique. It comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, Savor the Flavor of Oregon.

Cranberry Scones

1 c. cranberries, fresh or frozen (I actually used raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, I made three batches, a different berry in each batch....the cranberries are great in this recipe, but I just didn't have any on hand.)
3 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
3/4 c. butter
1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (I didn't add the nuts)
1 1/2 t. grated orange rind (Micoplane Adjustable Grater*)
1 c. buttermilk*
1 T. milk
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon (for the cinnamon and sugar I used my Flour/Sugar Shaker* filled with a mix of the two)
1/8 t. nutmeg

In a large bowl (I used my Classic Batter Bowl*), blend flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda (I used my Stainless Whisk*). Cut butter into flour mixture until it becomes a coarse crumb texture (using the Pastry Blender*). Stir in cranberries, nuts, and orange rind. Add buttermilk and mix with a fork until moistened. Gather dough into a ball and place on floured board (instead of a board I like to go straight to my Large Round Stone*). Roll or pat into a circle 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 12 pie shaped pieces. Place on a greased baking sheet (or Large Round Stone*). Brush tops of scones with milk and sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes (if using stoneware up the heat a little and the baking time a couple minutes) until lightly browned.

Pampered Chef Item used in this post:

#1105 Microplane Adjustable Grater
#1695 Flour/Sugar Shaker
#2230 Classic Batter Bowl
#2475 Stainless Whisk
#1683 Pastry Blender
#1371 Large Round Stone (with handles)

To purchase these items or any other Pampered Chef products visit my website at

pamperedchef.biz/amandablazzard

For savings UP TO 75% off at my website
(1) Click on "SHOP ONLINE"
(2) Choose option 2 [Place An Order]
(3) Click on [Otherwise click here to continue.]
(4) Click on [Outlet] in the left hand column

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amanda! YUM. I can't wait to make these! It was so fun to meet you on Saturday. Now why can't we just live closer?? Send me your email address at lindseyorme@hotmail.com and I will invite you to see my blog.

    ReplyDelete