Monday, March 16, 2009

Roasted Asparagus with Spring Onions and Sun-Dried Tomatoes--Jill Beer (Diane Atkinson's daughter)

Saturday, at Ora's 80th birthday party, I was chatting with her grandaughter (also my dear friend) Jill. She shared this exciting new recipe that I am dying to try! Let me know what you all think.
Servings: 4
Start to finish time: 25 minutes

1 1/2 pounds asparagus, bottoms trimmed
2 bunches scallions, ends trimmed (or as I know them- green onions)
2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1-2 T of oil from the jar
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 450 F. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus and scallions with the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Transfer to a baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 7 minutes. Stir the vegetables add the sun-dried tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment