Sunday, March 8, 2009

Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken--Amanda Blazzard


I found this recipe in a little cookbook titled something like "101 Things to Do With a Crockpot." My girls love this recipe.

2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. salsa
1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
½ c. sour cream
1 c. grated cheddar cheese

Place chicken in greased 3 ½ to 5 qt. slow cooker. Pour broth, salsa, corn, beans, and taco seasoning over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or on high heat 3-4 hours. Remove chicken with slotted spoon and place on serving dish. Stir sour cream and cheese into sauce in slow cooker, then pour over chicken. Makes 3-5 servings.

*I like to shred my chicken and add it back to the sauce and serve it in tortillas with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, ect.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for some great recipes. I am Ron and Barbara Christensen's daughter-in-law. I picked up your handout for the blog in RS when we were visiting. I'm looking forward to following your site from Florida.

    ReplyDelete