Thursday, July 30, 2009

Great Dry Pantry Mix for Cream Soups-- Katelyn Frederickson

My sister Katelyn gave me this great recipe to replace all of your Cream of.....(you fill in the blank) soups. I was impressed. I plan to experiment by flavoring it to fit my needs. (I'm thinking that dehydrated veggies would be a great addition before it is reconstituted or fresh ingredients after it is reconstituted.) Let me know how it works for you and how you use it. Use your imaginations ladies!

Cream Base for Basic Sauces and Soups

2 c. powdered milk
3/4 c. cornstarch
1/4 c. instant chicken bouillon
1-2 T. onion flakes

optional 1 T. Italian Seasoning

This dry mix will make the equivalent of 9 cans of cream soup. Store in an airtight container.

To reconstitute the equivalent of 1 can add 1/3 c. dry mix to 1 1/4 c. cold water and mix well until it is thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment