Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rolled Oats Cookies - (my great aunt) Wanda Panhorst


My great aunt Wanda is an excellent cook and a health nut to boot! Perfect combo for whole grains month. I tried out this recipe and I didn't have the Lecithin so I substituted oil. For the chopped nuts I used maccadamia nuts (to go along with the whole coconut/pineapple theme) and I have to admit...I used white chocolate chips instead of raisins. Very tasty. They were like a mix between a cookie and a power bar.

1 cup Oil
¾ cup Brown Sugar OR
½ cup Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Crushed Pineapple OR
Applesauce
1 cup Coconut
½ tsp Lecithin
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup Chopped Nuts
1 cup Raisins OR Dates

Mix all ingredients together. Add 2 cups Rolled Oats blending as needed. Press together into cookies. Bake at 350° until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment